Implementation of the Plan: All Urban Wild Family Nature Programs operating on or after September 1, 2020 will operate according to the precautions outlined in the Plan to safely resume activities. Specific details may change as public health guidelines evolve, and parents/guardians will be kept informed of any such changes. Waiver: A COVID-19 Addendum to the program Liability Waiver will be provided to families who register for programs commencing on or after September 1, 2020. The Addendum is attached at Appendix “A”.
Urban Wild’s COVID-19 Relaunch Plan:
1. Healthy Families:
a. There shall be zero tolerance for sick children or caregivers attending the program. Families will be refunded 50% of the cost of missed days if experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. b. Caregivers are asked to take the temperature of attending household members PRIOR to arriving onsite for programming. c. Staff will ask each attending household a health checklist upon arrival. This checklist is attached in Appendix “B”. d. If an attendee, child or caregiver, develops symptoms of COVID-19 during the program, they will be asked to isolate away from other families and immediately depart the program with their family. e. Staff shall not deliver a program if they are displaying symptoms of COVID- 19. Parents/guardians will be informed immediately of program cancellation and program credit will be provided for any such cancellation. f. Any participants who test positive for COVID-19 during the length of the program series shall immediately communicate to the Program Staff. All participants attending any sessions with the positive shall be notified while maintaining privacy considerations. g.If a case that COVID-19 is detected at a program, programs will be cancelled until further notice. Participants will be reimbursed the full cost (minus 10%) or receive a credit for full amount for missed days.
2. Physical Distancing a. We will restrict the numbers of participants to a maximum of 25 people total per program. b. Families are asked to only have one adult participant per family to help in reducing our total cohort number. c. During the program Welcome to Participants and during the Snack Break, families will be encouraged to spread out from each other and respect physical distancing. Families are asked to bring their own blanket to designate their family space and “home base” during the Welcome to Participants, Snack Break, and Free Play times. d. Respiratory etiquette, such as coughing and sneezing into elbow, and hand hygiene will be reviewed with families at the start of each program.
We recognize that it is very challenging for young children to maintain physical distancing during free play. There will be enough space at program sites to move and play. However, please note that Program Staff will not interrupt play to enforce physical distancing between children.
3. Hand Hygiene, Food, Crafts and Washrooms a. Children and caregivers will use hand sanitizer on arrival, before and after eating, after use of bathroom, and before departing program. b. No group snack shall be provided during program. Families will be asked to not share snacks with other families. c. Program craft supplies will be packaged for each family to minimize contact between families. d. Program site will have public washrooms available where wash stations and/or hand sanitizer is provided. Masks are required in public washrooms.
4. Use of Personal Protective Equipment, PPE a.Families may choose to wear masks but it is not required. b. Staff will wear a mask at arrival for check-ins and to conduct the health checklist, and if administering first aid. c. Staff will have a PPE kit with mask, gloves and sanitizing wipes at all times.
5. Sanitizing Equipment a. Supplies will be cleaned with approved bleach wipes following each program.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Alex O’Rourke at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appendix A: Urban Wild COVID-19 Addendum
All Urban Wild programs operating as of September 1, 2020 will operate according to the guidelines for day camps and safe operation of businesses set out by the Alberta government in relation to COVID-19 pandemic as of August 24, 2020. Please read and sign the form below to demonstrate your understanding of the assumption of risk.
o I understand that my family is participating in a nature program with a maximum of 25 people including staff. o I recognize that Urban Wild will be operating within the day camp and general workplace guidelines provided by the provincial government. o I understand that I must check the temperature of any attending member in my household before arriving at a program. o I am aware of the COVID-19 symptoms and will stay home if my child or I is displaying any of the symptoms. I will be refunded 50% of the cost of missed days. o I will answer the health checklist from Urban Wild staff honestly and accurately prior to each program. o I understand that in the case that COVID-19 is detected at a program, programs will be cancelled until further notice. Participants will be reimbursed the full cost (minus 10%) or receive a credit for full amount for missed days. o I understand in the event of a COVID-19 detection at a program, Alberta Health Services, as part of their contact tracing collection, will request attendee contact information. All attendees will be informed of program exposure. o I freely and voluntarily agree to assume the risk with respect to COVID-19, including the risk of death, bodily injury, or property damage, regardless of severity, that I, or my child, may sustain as a result of my participation in the program activities however arising, including, but not limited to, the active or passive negligence of Urban Wild.
I have received, read, and understood the program precautions as supplied by Urban Wild. I ________________________sign this agreement on behalf of ___________________ (print name) (minor’s name) On this ______day of _________, 2020 in Calgary Alberta. (month) ________________________ (parent signature)
Appendix B : Health Checklist As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, this screening tool will be updated as required. Initial Screening Questions
1. Do you/your child have any new onset (or worsening) of any of the following symptoms: (YES/NO) Fever Cough Shortness of Breath / Difficulty Breathing Sore throat Chills Painful swallowing Runny Nose / Nasal Congestion Feeling unwell / Fatigued Nausea / Vomiting / Diarrhea Unexplained loss of appetite Loss of sense of taste or smell Muscle/ Joint aches Headache Conjunctivitis (commonly known as pink eye)
2. Has the person attending the activity/facility traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
3. Have you/your child had close unprotected* contact (face-to-face contact within 2 meters/6 feet) with someone who has traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days and who is ill**?
4. Have you/your child attending the program or activity had close unprotected* contact (face-to-face contact within 2 meters/6 feet) in the last 14 days with someone who is ill**?
5. Have you/your child or anyone in your household been in close unprotected* contact inthe last 14 days with someone who is being investigated or confirmed to be a case of COVID-19?
* “unprotected” means close contact without appropriate personal protective equipment ** “ill” means someone with COVID-19 symptoms on the list above.
If you have answered “Yes” to any of the above questions do not participate. Go home use the AHS Online Assessment Tool to determine if testing is recommended.